Your Bravern bloggers had the opportunity to dress up for the Spring 2014 Runway Report, curated by none other than the Neiman Marcus fashion director himself, Ken Downing. The style icon shared the hottest spring tips and trends and yes, he’s just as charming as he looks. Mr. Downing also gave us a little pre-fall sneak peek. Trends to watch include:
- Western-inspired jackets are the new biker jacket (though biker jackets will always be chic!)
- Low hem lines – don’t be afraid to go past the knee
- Two-piece ensembles – pair a coat with a matching skirt, or even pants under a dress with the same fabric
- Knitwear for evenings – slip a knit sweater or sweatshirt over a dress
- Lots of colorful and/or chunky jewelry – from chin to chest, costume to real deal
- Dress down evening attire with casual ankle boots
- Embrace the global traveler within you by wearing feathers in your hair
- Mix digital prints featuring artistic influence from O’Keefe, Picasso and Pollock
- Fringe, fringe, fringe!
- And of course, pair black and white for a timeless duo
Take a look at some of the well-composed ensembles by Ken:
We’ll never forget some of Ken’s to-the-point words of wisdom, including, “If your significant other tells you that you’re wearing too much jewelry, find a new date!” and “If you’re not going to wear fringe this season, don’t even leave the house!” For a full recap and photos of the Spring 2014 Runway Report, visit our friend Rebecca Klein’s Eastside Fashion blog.